Saturday 7 July 2012

IEBGENER utility


IEBGENER utility

This utility used to copy one PS dataset into another PS dataset.
See the below program  I have to copy the data from my input PS to output PS for backup purpose.

Data in my input file is as below.


My output file is empty.

My JCL program



This program will run with maxcc=0.


So content of output dataset as below.


What happen if there are duplicate records?

 To clear this I will again submit the same job as contents are same in both job.
Again you will get maxcc=00.


And content of output PS dataset will be override.
If there are duplicate records then also it will get copied like below.


Can we use any other utility to perform same function?

Yes you can use IEBCOPY or SORT utility to do same function.








No comments:

Post a Comment