Friday 10 August 2012

IEBEDIT utility


IEBEDIT utility


This utility is used when you require to copy a particular step from one PDS member to another.
Used when we have to run only selective step like from step no 4 to step no.7 etc.
See below I have written one JCL which will copy  the step01 from my input JCL defined in SYSUT1 to my output JCL defined by SYSUT2.
The control card contains

    
1) Edit type= Include
             
2) Stepname=(step01,step02,etc)

   

Here in my output JCL this program will create a member sort1 and also contents is step01 from input PDS.

Content of step01.

 The output of program is



This is member created in my PDS and it’s content like below.


 

This will copies all data from Job card to the end of that step program.


No comments:

Post a Comment